Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic clinically used in the treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal disease such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea, acute traveller' diarrhea, C. difficile infections, and H. pylori.
- The most effective probiotic for the prevention and treatment of antibiotic-associated diarrhea and recurrent C. difficile infections.
- Significantly reduces the duration of acute childhood diarrhea and the risk of prolonged diarrhea.
- Improves intestinal permeability and reduces relapse rate in patients with Crohn's disease.
- Reduces diarrhea in patients undergoing total enteral nutrition (TEN).
- Regulates intestinal microbial homeostasis and stabilizes the gastrointestinal barrier, interfering with the ability of pathogens to colonize and infect the mucosa.
- Modulates local and systemic immune responses.
Ingredients (per capsule):
Saccharomyces boulardii (whole cell)....5 billion cfu
*cfu - colony forming units
L-leucine, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide pullulan/hypromellose (capsule)
Children (6-12 yo), Adolescents, and Adults - Take 2 capsules, 1-3 times a day, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. If symptoms of digestive upset (eg. diarrhea) occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days, discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner. If you have an immune-compromised condition (eg. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment), do not use this product.